Saturday, October 6, 2012

Value Portraits Art Critique

                                                                                             
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
We all had to find the "value shapes" in the face. We had to use the 9 different values in our drawing but the hard part for me was fading out into the other shades. We had to show where the higher parts of the face like the nose , cheeks ,and chin.

 
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
Well, the pictures we based our drawlings on were in black and white . This made the different values easier to find compared to a colored picture. Sometimes we had to add a little more values to some places if we felt like it needed it.


 
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
 I feel like I did acheive a full range of the different values in my portrait. I had to use different types of penciles for this portrait, like some of the penciles I used had verry soft lead compared to the others which had harder leads. Pressure was a big part of this  you had to put the right amount of pressure to darker areas and go lighter toward the outer parts of the "shape".


4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I feel like I had to really try  to do my hardest in this portrait, it was a new experience for me. I feel I crafted this neatly  but i do have room for improvement .I feel I executed this in a good manner.  


5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
 I had to overcome some of my instincts to add some of my own touches to it. Another thing i had to over come was the bold lines in the project we all had to do lite lines ,no dark lines.i feel i learned from this prject and i fell i had a fun time learning new skills , but i still have room for improvement in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment